Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bump in the road...or my belly

Isn't it funny how sometimes you plan something and then your life totally takes another turn? This is where I find myself today. When I started this blog it was to inspire others to challenge themselves to something new. I am someone who used to say running was bad for you because it jiggled your insides too much. "Especially for women" I told my husband. I realize now this was probably an excuse to avoid that activity all together. But then I began challenging myself and trying it. So I thought since I was turning 40 this year it would be a great time to set a goal for myself to run a 5K.

I set that goal in February. I began training and starting blogging about it. I was up to about 30 minutes (which I was impressed with someone of my size) yes fat haters, I put down the twinkies and ran for 30 minutes. Take that Dr. Oz and your truth tube!! Anyway, shortly into it I noticed it began getting harder not easier. Then after not feeling well, I took a pregnancy test. SURE ENOUGH PREGNANT!!!

I have to tell you I went through a bit of a depression about it. Because I felt I wouldn't reach my goal. Then I got a different perspective. I will be 40 for a WHOLE year. Who cares if I do it the month of my birthday, or later. So, I am committing to not only have a baby AT THE AGE OF 40, but I will be running the 5k next June at the Summerfest. You know why I can do this? Because I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!!!

1 comment: